Heaven on Earth, #1
by J.P. Epperson
Date of Publication: September 6th 2016
Publisher: Wicked Peach Publishing, LLC
Editor: KT Editing Services
Cover Artist: PhatPuppy Art Studios
Cover Typography: Font Diva
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Where there is goodness, evil is sure to follow. Where there is light, darkness is never far behind.
From The Book Junkie Reads . . . Angelic Anarchy (Heaven on Earth, #1) . . .
Betrayal has a way of changing a being. It has its own brand of twisted deceit, tortured distrust, suffocating secrets and it can still be blanketed in passion. Fire. Ice. Brimstone. Desire.
Belleeza was not the typical heroine. She was kickass. Take no prisoners. She took control. She did not sit back and wait. She knew the power she held and used it. This holds action, adventure, mystery, and passion. Belleeza had a mission to complete. She was determined to let nothing stand in her way. She carried the book all the way. There was a bit or two with Colton, but for me this was all about Belleeza.
J.P. Epperson wrote with skill, creativity, and it was wrapped with the ability to captivate and consume. There was no stopping the pages turning. There was more to find. More to explore. More to discover. Okay so that may all be the same but you get the point. This was a different kind of angle, demon, hell, heaven. Take a look inside these pages to see what its all about.
Belleeza isn’t the angel your parents told you about as a child. She’s a weapon. A warrior. But even warriors have their weaknesses—and even warriors can have their hearts broken. Betrayed by the only man she’s ever loved, Belleeza throws herself into an unusual mission to find a missing teenage boy. But the treacherous path she finds herself on could lead her closer towards the darkness than she had ever imagined—perhaps even into the depths of Hell itself. And what about Colton, the beautiful angel turned demon who trampled all over her heart?
Betrayals, secrets, torture, and passion. Be careful what you wish for—Heaven on Earth might just be more than you bargained for.
Scalding hot water traced the scars along my back as I placed my hands against the stone shower wall. As a warrior angel, I have survived several years of battle, but not unscathed. I have many battle wounds—most of which reside on my back and arms. Wounds from human weapons we tend to heal without a problem; wounds by the weapons of angels and demons are not so forgiving.
After weeks of searching for him, last night I finally caught up with the demon I had been hunting. He put up a ferocious fight and my muscles were still aching despite the heat of the shower but I would be getting briefed on my next case soon so reluctantly I reached out and turned off the faucet.
Just before I stepped out of the shower, I froze. The air changed, and I knew that I was no longer alone. Don’t ask me how I knew because I couldn’t tell you. Not really. There was no pop, or bells; no flash of light, breezes, or anything like that. It was as if there was just the slightest shift in the air. I braced for attack, reached my right hand behind my back, and unsheathed a sword that wasn’t there a moment before. My heavenly relics—my weapons—are always there when I need them and never when I don’t. Where they go when I am unarmed, I have no idea. All that matters to me is that they are there when I reach for them.
With my left foot, I kicked open the glass door and stepped out into the empty bathroom, dripping wet. Utterly naked but for my sword. I peeked around the door and slowly entered my bedroom.
“What do you want?” I said to the empty room, making my voice as calm as possible.
“Relax, Beauty, I’m completely unarmed,” said a humored voice without a face. “You’re looking just as scrumptious as the last time we faced each other.”
A dark-haired figure walked in, full of ease, and leaned against my bedroom door, crossing his feet. He had an apple from my dining-room table in his hand. I spun my sword, placing the tip of it into his throat the moment he walked through the door. He brought the apple to his mouth, rubbed it against his shirt, and took a big bite, looking as though he didn’t have a care in the world.
It was Colton. My heart leapt in my chest. It had been a few years since I’d last seen him.
Just as beautiful as he was the day he walked away . . . Except that now he was a demon, of course.
MY INTERVIEW WITH J.P. EPPERSON
What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year?
- I hope to improve my writing skills. In Book 2 I can already see an improvement and I hope to continue to see that as I grow as writer.
Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you?
- My stories flow naturally for me. I can have one thought take off and before I know it have an entire story unravel faster than I can type. One dream will turn into an entire new world. Actually, that is how Angelic Anarchy came into existence. I had a strange dream and I woke up with the idea for a story. After months of telling my husband about it, he convinced me to put it on paper. A few thousand words eventually grew into an entire manuscript.
Do you have a character that you have been working on for a long time that still isn't quite ready, but fills you with excitement to work on the story?
- Yes! I LOVE my characters in the Heaven on Earth series. They aren’t just characters to me, they’re friends and I never seem to do them justice. But I am so excited start my new series because the hero is burning a hole in my mind. I cannot wait to introduce him!
If you could spend one-week with 5 fictional character, who would they be?
- Ah, this question makes me nervous lol. You can tell a lot about a person by who they want to spend time with…Anita Blake, Severus Snape, Daenerys Targaryen, Bram Stoker’s Dracula (swoon), Elizabeth Bennett (sounds random but still one of my favorite books to read when I’m in the need of a sappy chick flick)
Can you share you next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details?
- Book 2—Beautiful Betrayal, is scheduled for release on April 4th. I plan to publish Book 1 of a brand-new series this summer. I’m really excited about this series. It will be an all new world with all new characters. Then I hope to publish Book 3 of the Heaven on Earth Series by the end of the year. Then at some point next year I plan to publish another new series that will be a spinoff of the Heaven on Earth series—super excited about this one too!
JP Epperson lives in Atlanta, Georgia. She is a lover of all things fantasy and paranormal. When not writing new adult fiction or sitting with her head in a book she enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons. JP is a lover of the outdoors and her second home is a tent in the woods curled up with a book next to a campfire.