Tuesday, February 6, 2024

TOUR - WOMEN'S FICTION - COMING HOME (The Women of Boone County, #1) by Julieann Dove

Coming Home
The Women of Boone County, #1
February 6th 2024
by Julieann Dove

Read An Excerpt

He panted, momentarily stopped, and rested against my held-out hands. His half-closed eyes stared at me. "Why? You know I love you, Abby. And you love me, too. I don't know what happened." He backed up. "Tell me what happened. I know you, Abby, and we were fine. We were falling right back to where we left off. It's never been over for me."
 
"Ryan, you have to leave. I told you I was sorry." 
 
He put his hands on his hips. His breathing was still hard to catch.
 
I tried to look away. To disappear. Never had I felt so trapped and in possession of the key to the lock that held me bound.
 
"I'm leaving. I was never going to stay. Joe is waiting for me." It came out almost a whisper in the quietness of the empty house. 
 
He puffed out his chest. His lust turned to anger. "Fine. Just leave. That's what you do, isn't' it? At least this time I got to see you crawl away. That's how you do it, isn't it? Just leave then."
 
He stormed out and the screen door banged against the frame. I watched as he ran down the steps to his car. I listened to the engine until there was silence. I walked to the door that remained glung open and shut it. My lips still tingled where he kissed them repeatedly seconds ago. I clutched my arms where he held me with tension. Never had I burned from a man like I did Ryan. Never would I look into anyone else's eyes and see that forever wasn't long enough to be with them. And never would I see him again.

My Review of Coming Home . . . HERE

Giveaway

Enter to win a $25.00 Amazon gift card as we celebrate the release of Coming Home. Giveaway ends February 13, 2024.



Presented by

1 comment: